Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The Funk." & A Happily Ever After.

           Happy Hump Day everyone! First off, I'd love to thank everyone for the views on my previous blogs. The readers are already in the hundreds daily! Although new to this whole blogging thing, I'm already loving it. 

I was very pleased with the photoshoot I had today. I'm the first to admit that engagement photos can be routine and vapid however,I was pleasantly surprised with my clients today. One, a "suicide girls" model and the other a tattoo enthusiast from the UK. I will be posting the images in my blog at upon completion.

           However it is that time of year again, what us photographers call, "The Funk."  It's winter so we are stuck in studio to shoot. We compare our photography to photos out of Vogue or photography of the highest caliber. Sometimes we are satisfied with what we've created, other times, we add layer upon layer in photoshop hoping it will eventually suffice. I couldn't explain this better if I tried and that's why I attach this video of photographer extraordinaire, Zack Arias; in Transform. I really recommend all photographers to take 10 minutes and watch this.


However, there are the days where you create images you love & that makes it all worth it :)


Model: Sarah Whitney
Camera Model: Nikon D300
Lense: Nikon Nikkor  vr II 18-200mm
F-Stop: 4.8
Exposure time: 1/80sec
ISO - 200
Lighting: Soft box.

Cheers,

Skye Kalosza.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the video! :D Some meaningful words in there ...thanks Skye!

uxb101 said...

I'm so glad you found a way to channel your ever so talented self. The blog is great! Short, simple and a wonderful way to get it out there... everywhere! Cheers love

Post a Comment